The Educator’s Guide is designed to be used in both formal and informal settings, and most lessons are divided into Grades 2-3 and 4-6.
The focus for younger grades is to promote enthusiasm and excitement about all things elephant. In grades 4-6, threats to elephants and conservation problem-solving introduces students to issues involving people and wildlife.
Lesson topics include:
- How are African and Asian elephants alike and different?
- What do elephants need to survive?
- What clues do elephants leave behind?
- Can people live in harmony with elephants?
- What can I do to save elephants?
Students will come away with a greater understanding of elephants, the challenges they face, and what we can do to help them.