Host a Car Wash!
Did you know a full grown male African elephant can weigh more than two times the weight of an average pick-up truck (6000 lbs) and three to four times the weight of a sedan (4000 lbs)? Your classroom, scouting troop, club, or team can hold a car wash and wash the mini-elephants in your neighborhood!
Here’s what to do:
Tips on holding Your Event:
- Reach out to local car and auto parts shops to try to get donations of car wash soap and sponges.
- Contact local news media and ask to be listed in upcoming events and community calendars.
- Consider charging different prices based on the size of the cars, sedans at a base price and trucks and large SUVs an increased fee.
- Encourage the kids to dress up, decorate their own t-shirts, and put out banners, posters, balloons, and play music to encourage a festive atmosphere.
- Designate a person to handle the money collected (preferable someone not washing the cars so the money doesn’t get soaked).